Start the New Year with SAA education at no cost! How? Complete this scholarship application by January 18!
March 13 in Atlanta
How can EAC-CPF enhance your institution’s records - and how can you get started using it? In this workshop you'll learn how to create EAC-CPF records, with hands-on application of the elements to existing data; discuss balancing existing data with additional data components as part of an implementation strategy; and examine existing projects to consider how EAC-CPF may be implemented locally, regionally, or nationally.
Upon completing this workshop you'll have:
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the EAC-CPF standard and the companion content standard ISAAR (CPF);
- Explored the metadata scheme design, including elements and attributes defined to reflect that design:
- XML techniques used to incorporate data from allied standards
- Current XML techniques leveraged in the standard;
· Created EAC-CPF record content from existing data structures, such as the Library of Congress Name Authority File, United List of Artists Names, biographical resources, and other related sources; and
· Exposure to EAC-CPF projects underway in the United States and internationally.Who should attend? Practicing archivists who are interested in the development and design of the EAC-CPF standard, who want to learn more about this standard, and who want to consider how it could be implemented in their repositories or consortia.
To see what other workshops and DAS courses SAA is offering, please visit our Education Calendar.