The SGA Annual Conference will take place this year in beautiful Saint Simon’s Island, Georgia, on November 8th and 9th, 2012.
The conference theme is Brave New World: Next Steps in the Archives Profession.
The Program Committee is soliciting presentation proposals for sessions touching on a variety of topics under this theme, including:
- Practical and theoretical foundations for new archivists, including appraisal, accessioning, arrangement and description, and public service approaches
- Making digital resources accessible by creating useful descriptive metadata, promoting interoperability standards for the distribution of digital content, investigating content management software, strategies, etc.
- Project Management- from various angles for anyone managing any kind of project, including personnel management, project life cycle, concrete tools and techniques, strategic planning, etc.
- Electronic Records Primer- intro covering the appraisal, maintenance, use, and preservation of born-digital records, and ways to address the challenges of technological change and format obsolescence
- Self Assessment- tools and methods archivists use to self evaluate and measure our impact, determine needs for improvement, prove value, and structure workflow
- Electronic Preservation Case Studies- examples from the archives community of working digital preservation strategies, including successes, failures and next steps.